Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Apocalyptic Artwork

Those of you who follow my Instagram would know that I recently just posted my take on the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse - LEGO style. For those of you who don't, do click the the follow me button on the right side of this blog plzzzz~~~

Anyway, so this is a pretty epic photography task I did with the Horsemen. I really had to think through what I want to depict with the Horsemen; how I'm going to approach them in terms of designs; what props I need to use to complement the photos etc etc. I had the idea since the night before but I had to go through all my LEGO to visualize how they all going to turn out. After more than an hour earlier today, I finally pulled it off and not to brag but I'm really proud of my work.

For those who are unfamiliar with Christianity stories, the 4 Horsemen are supposedly the 4 entities of destruction that will come upon the world during Armageddon. There is no particular sequence as to who come first. So generally, there's Pestilence, War, Famine and Death. Well, everything ends in death so Death will always be the last to arrive. Also, they are supposedly depicted as riding horses - hence, the name Horsemen - but I have decided to be a bit creative for my pictures. The TV series Supernatural did it their style, so I'm inclined to go wild on mine.

Here's a sneak preview on them. The orders are stated above.

While I won't talk about all 4 in one post, they will be featured consequently each day starting with  Pestilence. I have also devised a backstory for each of them and I will talk about their prominent features as well as the props I used on each picture.

So, stay tuned tomorrow for my description on the first Horseman.

No comments:

Post a Comment