Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Big Dream, More Bricks


Look at all them LEGO sets.

Ever since my interest in LEGO reignited a few back years back, I have this dream of building a LEGO city. It would reflect how a real urban area would look like - a bar at the corner, a cafe where people come to have their afternoon tea, or a park decorated with monuments and statues and foliage. Of course, given the diversity of LEGO settings, I included a beach, a treasure island and a temple to my idea which would lie at the outskirt of the city. Heck, I would add a space station above if I can.

Then reality sets in. The fact of me building a proper LEGO city is out of reach. Firstly, I don't have the space to put these structures. I might even need an entire room just for my LEGO. Even if I do have the room for it, maintenance would be a hell. The amount of dusk these bricks collect over time is gonna be hard to dust off, not to mention that spiders sometimes reside among these structures. I am perplexed as to what these spiders expect to catch here (I'm actually having that problem now with my smaller scale LEGO). Then, obviously, price of these LEGO sets is an issue. No matter how much I love my childhood toys, they are freaking expensive, extortionate to be exact. Perhaps the price is affordable oversea but here in Malaysia, with the extra tax, I am going to go bankrupt before I even find a decent career.

Nonetheless, this is still a dream I would like to achieve some day. For now, all I can do is stare at these LEGO boxes and imagine that I will eventually own them all. But no matter how many bricks there are in the world,  I will always appreciate all the bricks that I have and will have for every big structures need a steady foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment