Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, March 13, 2014

LEGO Movie Sets

With all the new unique LEGO sets bombarding the toy stores, I envy those who have the resources to buy all these products. From the Superheroes sets to the LEGO Movie sets, deep down in my heart, I want them ALL!!! Nevertheless, I know I have my limits and I deeply appreciate the sets that I can buy. Plus, it just makes them ever more...AWESOME!




Alright, let's get to it. The first LEGO set I bought for this year is 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace, featuring Emmet, Wyldstyle and my personal favourite, Unikitty. I would say this set is the most colourful set out of all the other LEGO Movie sets. Based on the same place in the movie, this is the home of Unikitty where all the Master Builders would convene and release their imagination, hence, the multi-colour cotton candy-lookalike. I guess that's the market value - The brightness and the mere reflection of fun. Don't get me wrong, the other sets are pretty cool too, like the Lord Business Evil Lair, but Cloud Cuckoo Palace is unique in the sense that rarely has one LEGO set consists of this many coloured bricks.

Another thing unique about this set is Unikitty (original form). You can only find this form in this set. Plus, Unikitty is my favourite character in the movie. She's just so cute and full of happiness as well as a hidden dark side, kinda like me....hahahaha.

Moving on, other LEGO products that I bought this month includes the ever popular Minifigures - Series 12 which also features the LEGO Movie characters. The Minifigures Series also comprises of unique (I have used this word too many times) minifigures that usually cannot be found anywhere else. In conjunction with the LEGO Movie, LEGO decided for this series to feature some of the character we could find in the film. Of course, the line-up includes Wyldstyle and Lord Business (in alternate costumes) but minifigures like Marsha, the mermaid queen can only be found here. By the way, she's the rarest one in the whole set and I can't believe I got her.

Initially, I have three (as you can see in the picture). Then, I added one more member to my collection -  Larry the Barista who served overpriced coffee to minifigures. Out of the line-up, I actually wanted him the most as he came with the cute mini coffee cup. This is also good for my future LEGO photography.

Anyway, that's all I have to offer for now. I'm planning to buy some Superheroes sets in the future but alas, I could only limit myself to a few (I'm poor). There are indeed many great sets out there but I have my eyes set on a certain mutant group. As for now, I leave you with Larry and my coffee in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment