Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Finally, Fresh Air!

Malaysian citizens would know that for the past few weeks, visibility was near zero (imagine Silent Hill) and breathable air was similar to that of Mars. Maybe I'm exaggerating but the haze was seriously horrible here. Due to the month-long drought (global warming people!), the air was extremely dry here. Plants began to wilt and become easily combustible. So for the past few days, there were numerous bush fire occurrence that one would think hell has come to Malaysia, especially if you see these fires at night (I did).

Today, unexpectedly, the sky was for a long time, clear. That window of mine had not been touched for a while now and I was more than eager to open it to ventilate the stale air in my room. I was able to walk around the campus without a face mask and I even took a dip in the pool for a few minutes. However, ominous weather came in the late afternoon but it didn't last long. A light rain swept it away with a strong breeze which was enough to keep the air fresh up until now.


My window is still open and I intend to keep it that way whenever I'm in my room. Things like this really make one appreciate the sunshine and fresh air. As I mentioned above, global warming is happening and it is not some science folklore. To preserve the fresh air that we took advantaged of, we as Earth-dwellers should really consider the condition our Earth has endured for the past few decades. I know I sound just like any other tree huggers but I'm truly concerned about our planet in the next coming decade. So, to ensure that we don't suffer like how Malaysia did with the haze, be responsible and do as much as you can to help the environment. Even a simple task like disposing garbage to the right recycling bin or carpool with friends can be a big help.


To make sure you readers will be more responsible in the future, here's Unikitty expressing her gratitude for the clean air that she was deprived of and be careful, you know that she has a dark secret.





No comments:

Post a Comment