Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Buried under the Bricks



I am literally buried under a pile of bricks. For this whole week, unexpected tasks were given to me on a platter like a waiter serving you a food that you did not order and expect you to finish it. I was swamped, bombarded, inundated and overwhelmed with things to settle, not to mention fatigue. In reality, I had couple of exciting things to post for the blog but due to the time constraint, I was only able to post one today. Plus, I was extremely exhausted.

It all started on Monday. The day went by like any other interning day until 8pm when I was told to go outstation to help the company with career fairs held in schools. It was last minute and none of us saw it coming. Of course, I couldn't turn down the decision as there was no other appropriate personnel to send to settle the task. So, within 2 hours, I went home, packed my bags and left for the bus station. One of the student ambassador from the company accompanied me and chaperoned a 18-year-old was not as easy as it seemed but it did have its perks. It took 3 to 4 hours to reach the destination and we only managed to check in to the hotel at 3am. To make matter more tiring, we had to wake up at 6.30am in preparation to go to another venue for the career fair which was held at 9am (it was far away). To summarize, we had two career fairs; both commenced on 9am; both were filled with obnoxious and loud high school students.

Nevertheless, both career fairs were fun but I was reminded how childish high school was. While outstation, I took some photos of the local attractions which will be featured in the next post.

The next unexpected task was meeting foreign delegates...again. This meant traveling to the airport...again and greeting them...again...and fetched them back to the hotel...again. The difference for this one was that I had to wake up at 4.30am and waited for one of the student ambassador who had to be the chauffeur. I kinda pity her on that. So, we were both uber sleepy and the haze did not help us at all (yes, haze...another thing I need to rant about).

However, the latest group of foreign delegates were the nicest so far that I have met. I was even given a job interview offer by them but chances of me participating in it are slim. Still, I was flattered by them and they were quite entertaining as well.

So, that was the summary of my week. Thank goodness I have my off day tomorrow without the likelihood of unexpected call to help out at work (finger crossed). 14 days left and I am preparing in my heart and soul that more unexpected duties will come about in the future. It's not that I don't mind performing these tasks but I really need the time to recover and they should not be set early in the morning. 

Other than these rants, I have other favorable topics to talk about in my upcoming post (as I said, it's been a busy week for me). Till then, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment