Nuffnang Ads

Monday, July 14, 2014

I Hate My Bike



As blunt as it is, my bike has given me more troubles than it has with benefits. Firstly, the gas meter is no longer functional so I can't tell how much petrol I have left. Secondly, the whole thing is falling apart and right now, it's rickety as an old rickshaw. Next, some jerkface knocked my bike at the back, shattering the glass behind. Lastly, the keyhole is loose like a hipster on drugs that the key occasionally fell back, shutting off my bike, especially when I'm at the traffic light.

To make the rain pour heavily, the tube that connects the gas tank to the engine at the front came off today and my full tank of petroleum was leaking...no wait, pouring out of the tank. Foreseeing my circumstance, I knew I was going to be stuck on the highway. Yes, I was on the highway when I noticed this. Subsequently, I find myself stuck on the highway with my class starting in 15min times. I was devastated to the point whereby I could just jump in front of the speeding highway and hoped that a car would knock me into confetti.

Thank goddess almighty, a kind old man passed by with his bike and fetched me to my work place without expecting any compensation. It's rare to find helpful people these days especially within the city limits. Nevertheless, I was really thankful for him.

However, for the whole day, I was praying to an unknown entity that my bike would remain intact and that no thugs would think of stealing it. Honestly, it was an old bike with not much to show for. I was kinda glad about that. So, after work, a buddy of mine fetched me to my bike and ta-da, it was still there (I'm beginning to wonder if that's a good thing).

In closing, it was a hectic day that I do not wish to repeat. Yet, through the dark clouds, some of the silver linings I found was catching up with the buddy of mine and installing my hope that people are not money-hungry douchebags.

Now, let me curse my bike for today mishap.

No comments:

Post a Comment