Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Donning A Mask

I seem to have a habit to write my blog in the depth of the night even though I've lost my nocturnality since I join the workforce. Nevertheless, sarcastic writing must persist to prevent my blog from falling into forgotten disgrace.

While that was my usual antics of starting a new blog post, this paragraph is my actual opening. So, June has passed and we are in the midst of July (to be honest, it's way past mid-July now and I told myself to write this at the start of the month). Those of you who follow my blog (thank you for spending your time reading my LEGO-filled life...no, serious, I'm thankful), you would know that comes the start of a new month, I would feature a post reviewing my mundane yet seemingly interesting life of the previous month. Thus, I'm going to review the June 2014 that I have spent.

As you can see from this photo, there are optional masks that I must choose to wear. Now, back in old days (from ancient Japan to Greek Empire), masks were used in theatrical setting to express the emotions of the actors and actresses on stage. Changing a mask usually means changing an expression or the personality of the character. June, for me, was full of switching personalities.

In a nutshell, I am working at a center, teaching personal growth to kids. I admit that I used to behave like a immature brat even though I'm technically an adult (the word scares me). I thought having a career in a field involving children would maintain that part of me. Oh boy, was I wrong. Not only do I have to be serious, I have to be...inspiring *gasp*. Well, I get to goof off once in a while with the kids.

Therefore, I have to constantly change 'face' or masks. Different situations call for different emotions and mindset. When kids are having fun, I have fun with them. When kids are being hell spawns, I need to become the devil. When kids are being angels (a rare moment indeed), I would be the god almighty *whahahaha*.

Anyway, I'm still changing personalities as of now. I realized one mask is not enough given the volatility of teaching and life. A mask is apt under certain circumstances. When circumstance changes, so does the mask. As an educator, I would say I'm struggling a bit to balance out the constant changing for the fear that I might end up with multiple personality (Harvey Dent style).

Needless to say, I still enjoy teaching and masks ARE used for entertainment and enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment