Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year 2013

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

Yes, to those who are celebrating this festival, you would know tonite is the eve of Chinese New Year. According to the Chinese calender, today is supposed to be the last day of Chinese year and tomorrow is the new year whereby everyone is supposed to buy new clothes, visit long lost friends or relatives and wish others for a prosperous future.

Another significant aspect of this new year is the change of the zodiac animal. It is similar to the horoscope that most people like to follow but for the Chinese, the zodiac begins with the rat and ends with the pigs. There are 12 animals and this year is the year of the Snake. Congraz to those who belong to the Snake.

With respect to this year, I have decided to build a Lego snake to commemorate the year.

Believe me, I try to make it looked less menacing but it ended up looking like something else. A worm or a pipe. Nevertheless, this is my best attempt at it. Below are two more views of the snake.



Now, while I was in KL before I came back, I noticed that almost of the shopping malls did not put up any snake-related decorations as opposed to last year where I even saw a giant dragon as a centerpiece in Sunway Pyramid. So what I want to say is just that not all snakes are poisonous or dangerous just like how not all canines and felines are completely safe. As a matter of fact, snakes prefer to be left alone living a solitary lifestyle. They would only attack if they sense danger or feel threatened to their well-being or nest. Otherwise, they think humans are loud and annoying creatures. Now, with the year of the Snake officially begins tomorrow, next time if you see a snake, think about what I just wrote and leave them alone. You wouldn't like to be disturbed now would you? It's the year for the snakes and they deserve to be happy.

And again, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment