Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Energizer Bunnies

I'm tired, both physically and mentally. In the span of two weeks, my body would collapse onto my bed without any assistance from the Sandman. There were times when I couldn't even muster the energy to shower even though I have spent more than 12 hours outdoor and let me tell you that I'm a neat freak with my body. The urge to be clean was buried so deep in my subconsciousness.

Yet, everyday, I manage to wake up at the same time and I continue with my daily work routine. Initially, I would be drunk in drowsiness but a quick jab of self motivation can get me going for the rest of the day (or to be specific, another 12 hours). Let me remind you that I'm working with kiddies these days and those things are life-size Energizer Bunnies. I need to plaster a cheerful face and hype up an enormous amount of energy lest I want a class full of yawns and nappy time.

This thought comes to my mind whenever I'm teaching a class. Always on cue, I would dread about it whenever I go to work. However, no matter how mentally and physically drained, I'm somehow charged when I'm in front of my students. Regardless of their age, personality or attitude, my supposed plastered cheerfulness turns out to be genuine. Something about them just brings me joy and delight. Perhaps, it's their infectious glee or their determination to live. It dawns on me that they are not Energizer Bunnies but adorable Power Banks that just fully charged my battery.

Let's face it, we all are tired but we need something to motivate us, to get us through the day no matter how overwhelming our fatigue is. I will miss the bunnies that I was teaching in the past few days and it will take some time before I find another source of motivation (or other bunnies). Needless to say, every dawn is a new day and so long that we can find those motivation to carry us onwards, the day will start bright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment